Tuesday, November 3, 2009

IF


If the stars go out one at a time,
and the sun one day forgets to shine.
Still I know that Love is mine.

If my flesh should fail, my heart is true,
Forever bound in Love to You,
Then that’s enough,
to get me through
and Shine.

A smile, a hug, for one who needs.
A band aid for the ones who bleed,
To pray, someday ,
to watch Him lead them Home.

and I will do my part, Dear God,
In adversity our feet are shod,
To count it all, for Thy names Sake.
The Good,
The Bad,
The Joy,
The Ache,
To run into Your arms.

Carry me on glittered wings,
To run barefoot, to dance and sing,
and I will do my best to bring,
Your Light,
Into the world.

If the stars go out one at a time,
and the sun one day forgets to shine.
Still, I know,
that Love is mine.
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment