Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Validity


So much of life, I just don’t get,
no matter how I try.
Arrogance and foolish pride,
those who never cry.
People giving up on dreams,
settling for less.
Never ending circles,
of tragedy and mess.
Those who die too early,
those who live too long.
Four year olds, with filthy mouths,
Children with no song.

Then there is the other side,
Like Heaven’s dew in morning,
Washing all the dirt away,
Hope and promise dawning.
Wanted children, born in love.
Couples growing old.
Gentle hearts and Charity.
Wonders to behold.
The first steps of an infant.
Love light in your eyes.
Mountains topped with silver snow,
Sunshine and blue skies.

One day to understand it all,
but up until such time.
I much prefer the other side,
Where Love and Grace are mine.
God is God, and I am me.
A tiny speck of dust.
Blown every way, then back to Him.
Keeper of my trust.
Dreams are ever out there.
Hope can fill the heart.
A walk of Faith,
The Dance of Life,
and only valid part.
Elizabeth

-----------------------------------
1 Corinthians 13:12,
'For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

No comments:

Post a Comment