Monday, December 28, 2009

A Work In Progress


I am not a text book Christian,
falling short so many ways.
But I know my God is with me,
The Author of my days.

I know there is a Reason,
and a purpose to it all.
To everything a Season,
and He Loves us through it all.

I don’t always make it into church,
Or spend my day in prayer.
Seldom get it right at all,
But God is ever there.

A square peg in a round hole,
Much carving yet to do.
At best, a work in progress,
and my heart is ever true.

To live by Grace,
With Joy embrace,
The wonder of it all,
From Mountains to the valleys,
Creator of it all.

May I never fit into a mould,
For then I would not be,
Open to the heart of One,
within the Heart of me.

-------------------------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9,
‘My Grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.’
Elizabeth
--------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment