Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Best Friend


Lord I could so use a best friend tonight.
One of those work days where nothing is right.
So many tugging, all I feel, all I see.
Exhausted and torn, could You just please hold me.

Lord, You have said, ‘All the way to the Cross.’
but I am just me, and some days feel so lost.
I don’t always know just the right thing to do,
so just for this night can I climb into You.

and Father You said, ‘all things work together,’
but I am so tired of such storm tossed weather.
If all in this world is just heartbreak and pain,
Lord teach me new steps, to dance on through the rain.

but just for tonight, can I rest in Your Arms.
Lay down all burdens, where none can do harm.
Melt in Your Presence, just let it all be.
Draw nigh to You, as You draw nigh to me.

Lord I so needed a best friend tonight.
One who could comfort Assure all is right.
One I could fall into, Rest and Renew.
All that I needed was All that’s In You.

Elizabeth
-------------------------------------

Proverbs 18:24,
‘ :and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.’

Matthew 28:20,
‘: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.’

No comments:

Post a Comment