Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wings To Fly


Oh Lord,
Sometimes it’s all so hard.
This Walk,
This Race,
Embrace me.

Lift me high,
Let me fly, in You.

The Reason for it all,
The Almighty and the small.
Dust to dust.
Earth to Earth.
From the moment of our birth,
Your Creation.

and I wonder sometimes why,
You allow the young to die,
but in the twinkling of an eye,
I will know.

Every question ever asked.
Why the trials of the past.
Such a walk, so ever thorned,
be it Grace and Love adorned.
Ever yearning for Your Face.
Often such an uphill race.
Hear my cry,
Draw me nigh,
and Embrace me.

Lifted High,
Wings to fly, in You.
Elizabeth
--------------------------------------------------

Isaiah 40:31,

‘But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not grow weary; and they shall walk and not faint.’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. This is a very beautiful poem....it gives expression to my heart too.

    ReplyDelete