Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Only The Holy


‘Only the Holy’,
Lord, such a cry.
T’was not for the Holy,
Your Son came to die.
Not for the perfect,
but Sinners like me.
Nailed to a Cross
so that I might walk free.

‘Only the Holy’,
Not one ......You said.
For the wretched, unworthy,
my Jesus bled.
The humbled dependant,
needing God every day.
Only the broken,
have hearts that can pray.

‘Only the Holy’,
Lord save me from that.
I don’t fit the mold,
and I don’t wear that hat.
I so need my Savior,
to bathe me in Grace,
and pray for ‘the Holy,’
to find Your Embrace.

Elizabeth

--------------------------------------------------
1 Corinthians 13;3,
‘And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and although I have given my body to be burned, and have not Charity, it profited me nothing’

No comments:

Post a Comment